Sunday, September 27, 2009

Mr. McClung

Mr. McClung shared many important things he learned about his first year of teaching on his blog. He had many great points about what a teacher should be. The idea I like the most was that everything should be student centered, it is not about the teacher. The students and their learning are the main priority. Another great thing to keep in mind is that not everything in your class will go as planned, things will go wrong. It is how you handle these situations that is important. I also agree with him that teacher need to be reasonable when setting standards for students. I like what he said about teachers are the ones that pick them up, dust them off and encourage them to go again.
He also had some idea about how to be a better teacher. Such as communicating not just with students but with other teachers as well. Another one of my favorites was for teachers to incorporate technology. I liked when he said don't expect to be an expert, just try. The comment that really got me thinking was the one about teacher working in a learning environment so why don't they continue to learn. That one really stunned me, I just had never thought about. But may teachers think they have the perfect way of teaching and refuse to learn, what kind of message is that sending to students? Read more at
Mr. McClung's blog.

1 comment:

  1. An excellent question "teachers think they have the perfect way of teaching and refuse to learn, what kind of message is that sending to students?"

    ReplyDelete