Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mark Wesch

I really liked Mr. Wesch video and idea of asking students about their lives and the way they use technology. I can relate to most of the statics they shows in the video. I graduated from Auburn University where up to my senior year my smallest class was 150 and teachers rarely knew or cared who you were. I bought lots of books I never used and read hundreds of things that were not relevant to my life. I am definitely a multitasker now and I am not sure that is a good thing.
It is so true that most students that have laptops in class are not using them for class related things. In this way technology can be a hinderance. The ability to just hop online distracts students from lectures. Which most classes are lectures and not really teaching. I can not think of anything to add to this video because it sums up my college experience.

1 comment:

  1. A major problem: "most classes are lectures and not really teaching."

    ReplyDelete