Sunday, September 13, 2009

Kelly Hines and Technology

Kelly Hines brings up a great point in her blog that it is not all about technology. So many talk about making changes but what will really start the changes? I agree with Hines that it is the mind set of teachers and school faculty. Everyone needs to want to make the changes. Hines states that to do this teachers need to be learners. I completely agree and feel like so many teachers forget this!
She also makes a point that teaching and learning are not the same. Teachers need to learn to teach in a way that students can learn. Then comes in the technology because like Hines said technology is of no use without good teaching. So just supplying schools with technology does no get the job done, teacher's methods also need to be up to standard.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. I think you really got to the heart of what I was saying! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete