Tuesday, December 1, 2009

EDM 310 Summary

1. Blogs – I had a blog before this class and now love it even more. I think it will be very useful to me when I have my own class and I plan on having a class blog and student blogs.

Wikis - They are pretty neat, just not sure how much I will use them.

Presentations – I enjoyed making and watching the presentations we had in class. I think there will always be presentations of some form in schools.

Google Docs – I really like Google Docs and have found it useful since I can access them from any computer. I definitely plan on my future students using them; no more I left it at home!

Google spreadsheets – I don’t remember doing these but I am sure I could if needed.

Picasa – Is a really neat photo program and would be useful to students. I have this wonderful MAC that has a great photo program on it.

Podcasts – What an experience! This was my first experience with podcast – listening and making. They are really neat and can be quite educational. I would love to have podcasts for my students.

Videocasts – I loved getting to make my first video. It was such a sense of accomplishment and I think this would be a great project for students. This would be great for science labs in the future.

YouTube – I am addicted, always have been. But now I have a new reason, an educational one.

Posts you read – I have enjoyed reading my classmates post even though I don’t comment on them. I think it would be great for students to read other blogs so they can get some new ideas and new views.

PLNs – This was new for me and a bit of a challenge. But I have a small PLN that I quite like and I hope to expand. I think this will be very useful when I become a teacher.

Twitter – I still refuse to get on twitter – sorry.

Teachers and students outside of our region - Skype is such a wonderful invention and has opened the “doors” to classrooms all over the world. I think it is great for students to get to see how different cultures learn and what they study.

Comments4kids – Wonderful project. I think this should always be part of the class and I hope to make it part of mine one day.

iTunes – I like it, I love it, I can’t get enough of it. Mostly I use it for music.

iTunesU – I had never heard of this and it is amazing. Education online! I will definitely use this in my future classroom.

Accessibility issues and the use of html tag modifiers to address some of those issues – I don’t know what you mean here.

Who you are as a professional – I have certainly changed since this class. I have brand new knowledge of technology and I can’t wait to use it in my classroom!

Google forms – These are some incredible surveys and very useful. They would be great to use at the beginning of the year to get to know my students.

Data bases – There are many different kinds and they seem to be quite helpful.

Google Earth – This was awesome, too bad the project did not work out. But I have continues to work with it and try different things.

Delicious – I do not use Delicious.

ACCESS & ALEX – Very neat programs that the state of Alabama has, just hope people take advantage of them and use them.

Foliotek – Personally I don’t care for it but I know how to use it.

Technological literacy – Extremely important and should be a requirement in order to be a teacher.

The future of schools - Should be very interesting to watch. It will be interesting to see how long schools put off a lot of technology that should be schools already. Or if schools embrace technology and take full advantage of it, hope it is the latter.

Your "intellectual trail” – I have certainly grown in my knowledge of technology and my confidence in using technology. Thank you for that Dr. Strange.

2. I don’t think there was anything I wanted to learn that I didn’t. I learned more than I could have imagined in class.

3. Well, if I had used Twitter that would be one. Other than that I enjoyed everything we learned about.

4. I LOVED getting to make a video, which was really exciting. I thought it would be way over my head but it was easy and now I enjoy making lots of them.

5. I found the PLN to challenging just because I was not sure what really made up a PLN. Then I just started exploring and found forming a PLN was not that hard.

6. Sometimes you would go off on tangents and I would get lost but not really bored.

7. I really liked the course. I think you should make everyone make a video and of coarse Comments4Kids.

8. I think I have a lot more to learn about different technology and always will. But I am certainly more technologically literate than when I enter the class (far, far more literate).

9. I hope to continue to learn more through my PLN and of coarse the Tech Literate Blog. I never want to stop learning.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading the outline of materials that you posted. Funny that we agree on most all of the things good or bad. I never enjoyed Twitter or use Delicious even although I am. Making a wee video is brilliant but this was my first time blogging and I have to say it tops the bill because I learned a great deal as a result of it. Thanks Ray Ray, you are wonderful and Go Tigers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/ This will take you to HTML tutorial, essential for citing material for presentations and video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that Mac! Yes, we just had a glancing visit to spreadsheets. And me "off on a tangent"? How remarkable. Sounds like my golf game before I retired from golf. But I think I'll keep teaching for a bit more. W6 was an inspiration to keep going, in part because of your many valued contributions. It is remarkable how excited you became when you published your first video. And that feeling was contagious! Thank you!

    Good luck as you pursue your careers. Notice the plural form. I watched this video Did You K...?

    Keep me posted on your accomplishments. Send me links to your YouTube videos! I won't hold by breath waiting to get a tweet from you!

    ReplyDelete