Tuesday, December 1, 2009

At the Teacher's Desk

At the Teacher's Desk logo
At the Teacher's Desk is a wonderful blog! It gives teachers a great example of how to use technology in their classroom and sometimes tells what equipment can be used. The blog also proves that using technology in the classroom benefits students and their learning experience. I also like how many teachers can share their experiences and advice on this one blog.

In one of the posts it is mentioned how much technology will change our schools but then Mr. Chamberlain proposed, “How will my school change for the better because I am here?” I was so taken back and really had to think how I could make a difference. As stated by Kelly Hines it is not always about the technology but willing the teacher is to learn how to use it and apply it. I think to make a difference I need to teach students using the methods they enjoy such as different forms of technology like blogs, videos, and Skype.

Not that it has to do with technology but I loved the Getting Out the Lead project. It was a great way to get students involved in changing their future. This project provides a way for students to learn about the science of lead but also about the government and how to get your voice heard while still remaining civil. Another project I liked was the Skype call between two languages classes, what a great idea! I remember in my high school Spanish class my teacher would say the best practice would be to talk to native speakers, if only we had Skype.

No comments:

Post a Comment