Sunday, October 25, 2009

ACCESS - Alabama Connecting Classroom, Educators, and Students Statewide

ACCESS Logo
ACCESS is a program started by the state of Alabama similar to ALEX. ACCESS wants to provide students the chance to learn no matter how far away from the classroom they are. It allows high school students and teachers access to reliable information. It gives students a chance to take courses that might not be offered at their school by interactive videoconferencing. It will also offer more challenging classes for those who want them. This helps in trying to make all school equal by offering all classes to all students.
I think this is a great program although I do not think it will solve the problem of inequality between schools. I think it would be a great benefit for those who want more of a challenge or what to take a class not offered in their school. It could also benefit me as a teacher to take a class that relates to what I teach and try to enhance my class. This sounds like a great new program and I hope students take full advantage of what is being offered. For more information check out ACCESS.

2 comments:

  1. "I do not think it will solve the problem of inequality between schools." I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am one of many people who is open to the prospect of home schooling. I want my daughter (soon to be four daughters) to learn the right way and have every opportunity that she/they can. Access allows my family the flexibility to enroll in class all over Alabama with teachers and other students who have a great deal to offer. Will it revolutionize schools, no but it is a part of the puzzle and one day we may all get the big picture.
    I think you would be a great teacher and I hope my daughter gets to enroll in one of your Zoology classes sometime.

    ReplyDelete