Sunday, October 18, 2009

Networked Student

The Networked Student video brought up some great ideas of how to teach students using technology. I am not sure I agree with having the entire course being based on social networking but I would definitely like to involve networking in a project. I agree that it is important to make connections with people and many different sources.

I also strongly agree with the video that students must be taught what to look for when researching and taught what is reliable information and what is not. This will help them find good and reliable websites and articles. The students will also need to be taught how to use a social bookmarking site, blogs, wikispaces, google scholar, online libraries and many different sources.

I think that this is a great idea to incorporate into the classroom. I liked how the student in the video shared his project and findings through a blog of his own and on other social networking sites. I hope that when the time comes I can be teacher that teaches students how to network.

Take a look at this amazing video.



2 comments:

  1. An interesting thing is that a networked student will have lots of teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea that the networked student is more involved in learning than with traditional 'book learning'. I think it's far better for them to find some of the answers on their own instead of being spoon-fed information.

    ReplyDelete