Sunday, November 29, 2009

Why Students Should Post Their Work



I think that a student posting their work on blogs or teachers doing it for them is wonderful. As a student I am a great example of why it is important. Through this class I have had to keep a blog of what I have learned. It is wonderful to go back and see all that I have done and it is a nice record to have. Younger students will also enjoying looking back at their blogs to see all that they have learned.

Another reason for students to blog is that it is a way for them to connect to other students from around the world. I have learned from Comments for Kids how people from all over the world can come together through technology. Students are able to learn about different cultures and the different things other students are learning. Such as the Moturoa's Blog from students in New Zealand.

Students should also be allowed to post their work so that they can learn from each other. By reading other student’s work online they have access to more information than they could ever learn from a classroom. I have enjoyed reading work by other students in the class so I can see their point of view on topics. Students can also learn to see things from another point of view by being able to other student’s work.

1 comment: